Thursday, June 11, 2009

One short moon

This afternoon I was writing down phrases from the dictionary. I chose useful phrases like "he's an old friend" and "are you wearing women's underwear?". Suddenly I realized that I would be leaving in a month. Learning more Mongolian seemed somewhat pointless. Mongolian isn't an international language, and I almost never keep in contact with friends after I leave a place.
I keep on kicking myself for not learning more of the language while I was here.
I will say this much: whoever I marry is going to have to be willing to spend some time here, at least a few summers.

I will also say that "in ayalal gaikhaltai baison" - this trip was wonderful, but I'm pretty sure I butchered the grammar there.

So, now that the clock is ticking down perhaps my eyes will open up again. That's what I love about traveling; it opens your mind and makes you value existence.

No comments: