Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pictures

I took another trip to the river. This time the taxi driver didn't even ask me if I was Russian, he just started speaking to me in Russian as soon as I got in. I told him I was American, and then he began speaking to me in Mongolian. They always assume I know more than I do, but I got most of it.
Anyway, I guess I should shut up and post the pictures. Click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Here is the frozen river, with some barely visible me-tracks.


A bunch of guys were playing a rather impressive game. They try to slide flat, smooth objects down this ice lane and get them in a target that's about 18 inches wide. They usually get them in.
I'm getting the feeling that Mongolians hate foreigners taking their picture. I asked if I could take a picture and they said yes, but I had to take three shots to get a decent one and they were starting to get annoyed by the third.
The sun setting behind the peace monument (the little dots area people going to the top).
Ice.....

Another me-track.

No comments: