Friday, October 3, 2008

Random Pictures

I have some random pictures I took with no goal in mind. I've avoided wandering around the city with a camera because I don't want to look like a tourist, doing so is dangerous. The only reason why I'm uploading these is that I installed the program for the camera onto one of the office computers and I thought I might as well upload the random shots. I'll upload pictures of our trip to the countryside on Monday, which would be Sunday for everyone else.



This is the view out my apartment window. The white building is the Mongolian National University, and the people gathered on left side are playing basketball. The blurry area is not my thumb, the camera just does that. There's a plastic thingy stuck over the lens, I'll see if I can do something about it before I start taking pictures tomorrow.





This is what my wallet looked like before I changed all my money at the bank. Now it just has tugriks.

There's one more but I'm not going to bother with it because this program is a complete pain and I'm hungry. ttyl.

Oh, by the way: this blog has had over 100 distinct views since I came to Mongolia, and only about a dozen of them were me. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Lici said...

Yep, some random people are reading your stuff. Just kidding. This is Licia, from Hong Kong days. I've been in touch off and on with your mom, and she included me in the list of people who received some four or five e-mails while she was in Mongolia--that's how I found out about your blog.

I have to admit, I've been quite amused with your posts. The one about the washing machine had me chuckling for a while. =)

Anyhow, back to work for me. Wish you the best. Do write sometime about the church in Mongolia--how they accept the gospel, what it means to them, I dunno... something! =)


Lici