Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This thought will self destruct on sight (6/10)

There is hunger
For what I do not know, though I have carefully marked it’s boundaries by the emptiness it has left in my mind.
It has left the thrilling joy of wild sadness, rushing at such speeds that it loses both form and familiarity. It laughs in the face of logic, and as an evanescent mist it traces the outlines of lost memory.
There is a need, and by this need I know I am alive, for it is need that defines our waking moments, and satiation that defines repose.
And now, as the silence comes to a crescendo, the void is filled with color, and I know.

I want a pizza.

That, and perhaps something else. But God has made the universe to despise all voids, so I know it will be filled.

2 comments:

Lici said...

All that to say... you want a pizza. I thought you were having some major philosophical-identity crisis. =) Funny how such basic things stir up such strong and complex feelings in us.

Dee said...

surely you can get a good pizza in Mongolia now!? Or have you gotten brave enough to make your own?