Monday, September 22, 2008

And forgive us our blog posts, as we forgive spammers... oh wait

My notebook is still covered in kimchee, but now I'm writing on dried stains instead of trying to read through wet ones.
I'm getting tired of English, or at least of thinking about English. I hate having to run through everything I say before I say it to make sure the words are on a preschool level. I like to swing English around like a girl in a nightclub, leaving it feeling sweaty, breathless and perhaps slightly violated. You just can't do that with a preschool level vocabulary.
Perhaps I shouldn't say that anyway. I've never been to a nightclub, and I'm sure the list of girls I've left feeling sweaty, breathless and slightly violated is very short indeed.
Last night I/we (you don't know the 'we') went to Myeong-dong, which can be thought of as downtown Seoul. I followed a bunch of girls around as they shopped for clothes. There were sooooo many lingerie shops! I thought Koreans were conservative! On top of that, half of the stuff in there was for guys! O.o? Bleh! I don't care HOW much my future someone likes that stuff, I am NOT wearing it. Well, maybe, if she really likes it.... depends on what she's wearing...right, TMI.
Oh, I had a point in all this. I've been dragged into Victoria's Secret before, and noticed that the average girl in there is BUTT UGLY. I'd say about a three out of ten. the girls in the stores here seem to average about a six or seven. What does that say about the culture of youth? Nobody over here is a hundred pounds overweight, years on the wrong side of 40 and shopping for overpriced lacy butt-floss!

I would like to thank Kate for adding the term butt-floss to my vocabulary.

After shopping we got Krispy Kreme donuts. Right, that kind. We could have gotten Dunkin Donuts, but Krispy Kreme is better in my opinion.
To all my coffee addicted friends: you would love it here.

You know, I'm going to have some weird adds once google's bots scan this post for key terms.

Pictures soon, though probably not from Myeong-dong. Laterz!

No comments: