Friday, September 19, 2008

Eurythropoietin

Eurythropoietin is a hormone produced by the kidneys which stimulates the production of red blood cells in response to injury or stress. I'm going to need more of it at 3000 ft (elevation of Ulaanbaatar). However, eurythropoietin really has nothing to do with this post. Lucky you.

There are many things that I would like to ask God. Right now I would like to know why He gave us a 24 hour day and a 25 hour body clock.
I've officially used up all my jetlag time. Instead of bouncing out of bed at five in the morning ready for a three mile run, I slowly dragged my sluggish body downstairs for a bowl of sugar cereal and (oddly tasty) soy milk. I need to find a job that allows me to go one time zone west every day. Any ideas?

Korean chickens must be really healthy. The shells of their eggs are ridiculously hard to crack, but the yolks firm and orangish yellow. Healthy chickens, efficient water heating systems, recycling everything... COME ON PEOPLE! Korea is beating us in the race to... I don't know what they're beating us to, but when they get there they will have healthy chickens. And us? We'll have a Dickens-esqe factory society where eggs are fragile white things filled with goop.

We certainly beat them when it comes to city planning though. There's a wall on campus. That in itself does not pose a problem. The problem comes from the fact that this wall runs the length of campus, and there are only two gates through it. On one side of the wall stand the language institute, church offices, book store etc. On the other side of the wall there is the sidewalk and road: the main access routes for these buildings. I'm really rather confused by this arrangement. I have been brought up to think of walls as devices that keep people out of places where they shouldn't be, and separate unrelated buildings. The idea of building giant wall between two related places, like a walmart and it's parking lot, seems rather odd to me. Since I came here I've walked at least a mile going to one end or another of this wall, and I haven't even been here more than a week.

Yea... there's really nothing to say. I'm just posting because I'm bored. I have nothing to do while I wait for my visa documents. I'm supposed to be doing special music this Sabbath (when did everyone decide that's my job?) but other than that I've no plans.

TTFN - which wouldn't sound cool even if that announcer guy from the movie trailers said it.

No comments: